This page contains faculty of law students profiles & activities
THE LAW STUDENTS’ SOCIETY, FACULTY OF LAW
The Law Students’ Society is the representative body of undergraduate law students in the University of Lagos, charged with the duty of ensuring the academic, economic, social and spiritual welfare of the undergraduate law students in the University of Lagos.
AIM & OBJECTIVES
· To promote friendly relationship with other faculties/students, legal institutions, law ﬁrms
and other educational bodies within and outside Nigeria whose aims are acceptable to the society.
· To promote the intellectual, social and cultural activities of members irrespective of social, religious or ethnic backgrounds, and to inculcate into all members, the ethics and behaviour that is expected of all members in the legal world.
· To organize class tutorials , essay competitions, court visitations, debates and chambers attachment, moot courts and mock trials, law dinners, talent shows , career fairs, exchange programs , annual lectures, empowerment scheme, and other programs or projects that are of intellectual beneﬁt to law students in a bid to aid their academic and career prospects.
· To be at the forefront of the propagation of freedom, human rights, justice and equality of all people, and to inculcate such principles in the hearts and minds of students.
The various chambers and associations under the Law Students’ Society have participated in competitions locally and internationally bagging awards and laurels thereby propagating the culture of excellence. Law Students have shown their prowess in the fields of Debate, Moot and Mock Trials, Brief Writing at various programs such as Tax Debate, University of Lagos Debate, Maritime Blueprint Competition, Price Media Moot Competition, and African Moot
Competition amongst others. The Society is also proud to have hosted and co-hosted programs and conferences asides the annual programs such as:
· Price Media Moot Competition, West African Regional Rounds 2016
· Oxford International Moot Competition 2017
· Lagos Model United Nations
The Law Students’ Society together with the Mooting Society of the Faculty also established
Lagos Model United Nations, the first Model United Nations in the whole of Nigeria in 2015 and has since then gained grounds locally and internationally.
Our legal publication, UNILAG LAW REVIEW was launched in 2017 in fulfilling our vision.[Not a valid template]